Thursday, July 26, 2007

New Era Homes for New Orleanians

In the aftermath of the flood that followed Katrina, some New Orleans residents are considering modular homes when deciding how to replace their homes that were destroyed. Fortunately I am not in that position. However, curiosity got the better of me in seeing what modular home might look like.

The other day I toured two homes that sit side by side on West End Boulevard. I only took photos of one building interior, but the two share similar details. The second home had a den upstairs with a loft style half wall in places.

My understanding from looking at the New Era Homes site is that these are put together in a factory under more controlled conditions than traditional houses. Anyway I’ve linked the site for those who need more detailed information about the company and the homes offered.















No comments:

Post a Comment