Monday, August 20, 2007

Dining at Mr. Ed’s Seafood and Italian Restaurant

After Katrina, the big question when I returned home was “what’s open?” All over the medians in the area were signs from businesses stating, “we are open.” I generated a list as I drove around checking out was open and what was not.

One place that was open was Mr. Ed’s Seafood and Italian Restaurant. It’s a family neighborhood restaurant located at 1001 Live Oak Street (corner at Aztec Avenue) in Bucktown – which is real close to me. As the name of the restaurant says, the menu has seafood and Italian food. Also, there’s an array of poboys and other sandwiches. Over the last couple of years I’ve made my way around the menu. For more info on the menu, location and catering, click on this link: Mr. Ed’s Seafood and Italian Restaurant. Below I’ve taken some pictures that will give you a feel for the place.

Here's the Back Room and the Front Room Bar.





These are the specials of the day on a blackboard in the Back Room.



In the Front Room, there is another blackboard listing the specials of the day. Below is a view of the Back Room from up front.



Up front is the Bar.



No comments:

Post a Comment