Saturday, February 02, 2008

Mystic Krewe of Barkus forms at Louis Armstrong Park

New Orleans dogs have their own carnival organization, Mystic Krewe of Barkus. This year's theme was "Indiana Bones in 'Raiders of the Lost Bark'". Many of the dogs were dressed with jackets and hats just like Indiana. Some of them even had a boulder to pull around - on wheels that is. Then others wore what they wanted ignoring the theme. Of course their owners dressed up too.

This marked the first time I’ve seen this parade. I went with two friends and their two long haired dachshunds. We had fun watching the parade form in Louis Armstrong Park. If you scroll to the last of the Barkus photos, you will see how croweded the French Quarter was for this parade.















1 comment:

  1. hello from Yorkshire, UK! Great to be here and see so many bears. I loved the glass bathroom and the people renacting the kiss! Must tell my friend Lola about that! She is gorgeous! (Lola, not the lady in the picture...well she is gorgeous(the lady in the picture) I didn't want her husband to hear me cos he may give me a black eye, which wouldn't be very good for my expedition!

    ReplyDelete